July is Minority Mental Health Awareness Month and we want to hear from you! The Hogg Foundation is asking for videos up to 60-seconds from Texas residents describing how racial disparities impact their mental health. The first 15 complete submissions will receive a $20 Amazon e-gift card as a thank you.
Under 18? We’d love to receive videos from youth but like everything else, if you’re under 18, your parent/guardian must sign the release form in order for you to submit your video.
All participants must fill out the submission form.
Suggested Questions to Answer
We’ve provided a few questions to help you get started. Please choose one or two questions to answer in your video.
- How does belonging to a racial or ethnic minority group affect what “mental health” means to you?
- How would a more fair or equal world help your mental health?
- How do you care for your mental health (self care)?
- If you are not a member of a racial or ethnic minority group, what have you learned from those who are that can be applied to your mental health?
Submit your video:
To have your video shared, and be eligible for one of the 15 Amazon gift cards, both of these steps must be completed:
Upload your 60-second video.
You must say your name, city, and state at the beginning of the video. Hogg will remove any personal information before posting videos. Alternatively, you can upload your video by emailing 2023_Me.firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Fill out the submission form below.
Everyone must fill out this form to be eligible. Those under 18 must also have a parent/guardian submit the release form for them. Please note that your email address is required in order for us to know where to send your e-gift card.
By submitting this online form, you enter into the following agreement (“Agreement”) with Hogg Foundation for Mental Health at The University of Texas at Austin (“Producer”):
- I have been informed that Producer is capturing images or audio and that my likeness is being photographed/recorded and to be included in communications materials in which my likeness will appear (“Product”)
- I grant Producer and its designees the right to use the Product in any format, now known or later developed. I grant, without limitation, the right to edit, duplicate and use or re-use Product in whole or in parts as Producer may elect. Producer or its designees have complete ownership of the Product, including copyright interests.
- I grant Producer and designees the right to exhibit, market and otherwise distribute the Product, in whole or in parts, and alone or with other products, for any purpose Producer or designees determine. This grant includes the right to use Product for promoting or publicizing.
- I have the right to enter into Agreement and am not restricted by commitments to third parties.
- I am at least 18 years of age, or an emancipated minor.
- Producer has no financial commitment or obligations to me as a result of Agreement.
- In consideration of all the above, I hereby acknowledge receipt of reasonable and fair consideration from Producer. I have read, understand and agree to all of the above and that the rights granted Producer herein are perpetual and worldwide.