The following opportunity has been shared on behalf of a member or affiliate of the Austin Area African American Behavioral Health Network
The first steps for a faith community in addressing mental illness are reflected in the first two principles of the Compassion in Action Guide:
We Affirm the Inherent Dignity of Every Person
#2 The Illness Principle:
- Jason Nieuwsma, PhD, Associate Director Mental Health and Chaplaincy, Department of Veterans Affairs
- Steve Sullivan, MDiv, ThM, Chaplain, Community Engagement for the Mental Health and Chaplaincy, Department of Veterans Affairs
- Sidney Hankerson, MD, MBA, Co-Director, Columbia University Wellness Center and Assistant Professor of Clinical Pschiatry at Columbia University’s College of Physicians and Surgeons.
SAVE THE DATES!
Please save the following dates of our future webinars in this series. More details to come!
- Aug. 6, 12 P.M. ET PART III: “Principle 3: The Caregiver Principle”
- Aug. 25, 12 P.M. ET PART IV: “Principles 4 & 5: Professional and Treatment Principles”
- Sept. 15, 12 P.M. ET PART V: “Principles 6 & 7: Reality of Mental Illness and Hope Principles”