The following opportunity has been shared on behalf of a member or affiliate of the Austin Area African American Behavioral Health Network.
NAMI Texas will be offering an Online NAMI Peer-to-Peer Teacher Training the weekend of July 10 – 12, 2020. This training will be Friday evening, Saturday and Sunday mornings, 4 – 5 hours each day.
Are you interested in becoming a Peer-to-Peer Teacher for your affiliate? If so, contact me (Patti Haynes, NAMI Texas Program Director) as soon as possible at email@example.com!
Qualifications for Peer-to-Peer Teachers:
- Prospective teachers are adults in recovery with a mental health condition
- Prospective teachers must be a NAMI member before the online training
- Applications must be signed by applicant and Affiliate president or Affiliate program director/coordinator
- Prospective teachers must have a computer, laptop or tablet with a webcam and will use the webcam during the training in order to be able to see the P2P trainers and documents/videos shown during the training
- Prospective must be willing to complete an online Peer-to-Peer pre-training by July 1st.
There is no cost to the Affiliate or applicant for this training.
To learn about what the 8-week NAMI Peer-to-Peer program is go to: NAMI Peer-to-Peer
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact me as soon as possible.
Phone: 512-693-2000 ext. 4