It is estimated that 22 veterans die by suicide every day and Integral Care has committed to assist in reducing these numbers by promoting awareness and education through Mental Health First Aid for service members, veterans, and anyone who interacts with the military community.
Military and Veterans Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) is FREE 8-hour In-person or 5.5-hour Virtual/In-person training and Individuals trained in Mental Health First Aid for Veterans can help to:
• Break down the stigma associated with mental illness like anxiety, depression, and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, and substance use disorders
• Reach out to those who suffer in silence, reluctant to seek help
• Let veterans know that support is available in their community
• Provide community resource information
• Make mental healthcare and treatment accessible to thousands in need
Mental Health First Aid can help save a person’s life, just like CPR and First Aid can save someone who is having a heart attack. Here is an informational flyer to help you learn more about Veterans MHFA.
Integral Care is proud to provide this training FREE to groups in Travis County thank to a generous Federal grant. We can provide the training at a date and time convenient for you at your location or at an Integral Care office.
Thank you for your time considering MHFA. Let’s come together to serve the greater good in our community!